jueves, 19 de mayo de 2011

FOOD IDIOMS





COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH THE FOLLOWING EXPRESSIONS( go dutch, cut down, a side of, leftovers, skip, doggie bag, your eyes are bigger than your belly, it´s on me, grab a bite, chocaholic, )

1) If you don´t start_________the amount of sugar you eat, you ar going to gain weight.
2) I cannot go on eating, I will ask the w ...aiter for a ________.
3)Let´s go out to dinner on Saturday. _____________.
4) I will have steak and salad, with _____________ chips.
5) I think Sheila is a _________. She has just eaten a chocolate piece of cake, a bar of chocolate and two chocolate ice-creams.
6) Why dont we ________ before the play starts?. There´s a good restaurant next to the theatre.
7) There were _________ after the wedding party, although the food was delicious.
8) You´ll never be able to finish the entire cake!!! I think______________________.9) I´m going to _______ the fruit at lunchtime since I just had fruit salad.
10)If we go out together and have dinner we can___________.

2 comentarios:

  1. I do the first one: "cutting down". Is that right? Well, I cannot cut down sugar because I´m in Argentina currently and everything here is sweet and delicious, and with dulce de leche I cannot stop!
    I am staying in one of those Buenos Aires apartments and my Argentine roommate buys dulce de leche every they. How can I stop it?
    Kim

    ResponderEliminar
  2. EXCELLENT KIMBERLEY!!! Dulce de leche is a temptation. I love it too, but I always prefer the light version...Good luck!

    ResponderEliminar